For this you need to lie on your back.
- Bend your knees with your feet parallel to the ground.
- Put you hands together behind your neck.
- Lift you shoulders slightly off the ground and at the same time stretch one leg straight out (not up).
- Keep the other knee bent.
- Now slowly bring your extended leg back to neutral - bent. and lower your back to the ground.
- Now raise your back again and extend the other leg straight out.
- Do this ten or so times.
DO NOT USE YOUR NECK TO LIFT. YOUR HANDS SUPPORT YOUR NECK AND YOUR STOMACH MUSCLES DO THE WORK OF LIFTING OFF THE GROUND.
Try the other exercises featured on our Bicycle Stretching Tips page.
Or try one of our other specifically targeted exercises for
Back and Legs
the ever popular
Kiss Your Bicycle! Stretch
And the stretch for Wrists and Ankles