No kidding. By doing the kiss your bicycle stretch you can loosen up those stiff back, calf and ankle muscles. You can do this before you get on your bike, and every time you get back on. And when you stop.
- Face the side of your bike standing about two feet away.
- Feet a little wider than hip width.
- Put both hands shoulder width apart on the top tube.
- Now bend the upper half of your body down toward the top tube while at the same time pushing your hips away from the bike.
- Feels good doesn't it?
- Now roll up on your toes a few times.
- That feels good too.
- Shift your hips back and forth.
- SO easy.
Try the other exercises featured on our bicycle stretching tips page.
Perhaps you are tight in your Wrists or Ankles
Need to loosen those Hips and Tight Thighs
Or are interested in strengthening those Core Muscles
Of course, our ever popular Kiss Your Bike stretch always soothes stiff riding muscles