A Rain Strategy Will Keep Your Cycling Commute Dry
Devise a Rain Strategy for Riding Your Bicycle in the Rain -
You can ride in the rain. It can be fun.
RAIN GEAR CHECKLIST:
* Tight fitting hat that will go under your helmet- also known as a skull cap.
* Long fingered - thermal and waterproof gloves that allow plenty of flexibilty to grab the brake levers and work the shifters easily.
* Rain jacket. Something that won't get heavier as it gets wetter. and will shed most water
* Extra socks. If you commute - there is nothing more unhappy than putting the mornings wet cold socks back on one's feet before heading home at night. So carry an extra pair
* LAYERS! undershirt, shirt, vest, jacket - Sure it might get warm, but you'll be a lot less wet.
Click below to see a short video of tips for riding safe in the rain from San Francisco bicycle coalition. The video runs about 4 and a half minutes.
SF bicycle riding in the rain video
Return to weather main page